Friday 28 June 2013

(I love Uncle Si! ) Introducing...

The Si Tai!


I'm a huge huge huge Duck Dynasty fan. The show makes me happy happy happy.

During the season finale, the family went to Hawaii. My favorite character, Uncle Si, grabbed one of the woman's Mai Tai and declared it a "Si Tai".

That was it for me. I knew I had to create it.

I based the ingredients off a Mai Tai recipe that appears in Racheal Ray's magazine.

Mix together:

3 oz rum
3/4 oz curacao
dash of either amaretto or almond extract
1/2 oz simple syrup
1.5 oz lime juice**



And pour into a glass of sweet iced tea. If you're not sure how much an oz is you can use the lines on a red solo cup to help you measure.

Garnish with

** Omit the lime juice if you're sweet tea has lemon in it.

I tried the sweet tea with lemon and didn't care for it as much as I think I would like the lime juice.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.