Thursday 25 August 2016

Meet Sweet Sadie

One of the big differences between my husband and I is that he is a animal lover and I am well...not. We had pets growing up-golden retrievers and stray cats by the handful as well as my favorite, EB, our bunny.  However, they were outside pets. I could spend time with them if and when I wanted but they never really entered into my domain.

Since we've been married, my husband has really wanted a pet and I had been adamantly opposed. That's why, a few years ago, I made it my goal to adopt a pet that wasn't of the the rock genus. That's why we adopted our husky Mila. whose story I will tell later.

So it's been a while since we've had a pet and I could tell my hubby really missed having an animal around. While I've warmed up to the idea of having a pet, I really am 100% fine without ever being a pet owner again, and truthfully, I still feel like I could leave it. I enjoy them, but for me the payoff just isn't there but since it is there for my husband and he has agreed to do the majority of the messy work, we decided to adopt a pet from the Humane Society.

Enter Sadie:


She is a two year old golden retriever and basset hound mix.



She's a goober who likes to sleep with her head slightly under the pillow.


You can see her tail wagging in this picture. If someone is talking, her tail is wagging. It doesn't matter that you aren't talking to her.



She's tired after a long walk. 

Sadie had pretty bad separation anxiety that we are trying to ease with crate training but other that she is a pretty sweet dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like what you read? Leave a comment. Don't like what you read? Leave a comment.